Contact Information 

District Offices
Tiadaghton Valley Mall
Room 105
701 Allegheny Street, Box 4
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
(570) 398-4476

Closed for lunch: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursdays 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Penn Hills Plaza, Halls Station
21 Kristi Road
Suite 1
Muncy, PA 17756
(570) 546-2084

Closed for lunch: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Capitol Office
Hon. Garth Everett
401 Irvis Office Building
PO Box 202084
Harrisburg PA 17120-2084
(717) 787-5270
Fax: (717) 772-9958


Birth and Death Certificate Information

As a result of the requirement for individuals to have a passport to travel to Canada and other destinations and to comply with the new Voter ID law, the demand for certified records of birth as proof of identity for these and other applications has increased dramatically.  Because of this increased demand, you should be sure to allow ample time to obtain those certificates.

A certified record of birth from the Commonwealth – not a “notice of birth registration” or a hospital-issued certificate – is required for many activities, applying for health insurance coverage, or a driver’s learners permit or a photo ID, obtaining a Social Security number and registering for school or sports activities.

Passports for travel outside the United States now require a “long form” birth certificate which includes the parents’ names on the form.  Since there are so many variables with the processing of the certificates, the best advice is not to make any travel plans requiring a birth certificate until you have the certificate in hand.  RUSH requests are now taking as long as regular requests due to the increase in demand.

It’s also important to remember we can help obtain birth certificates only for those people born in the Commonwealth. If you were born in another state, you must go to that state’s vital records office to obtain a certificate of birth.

For information on how to obtain a birth certificate in Pennsylvania, please visit  You may also contact my office at 570-546-2084, 570-327-2084 or 570-398-4476 for assistance.