– Rep. Garth Everett (R-Lycoming/Union) today announced five targeted school safety grants have been awarded to school districts serving students in the 84th Legislative District.
“Educating our children is one of the most important investments we can make as a Commonwealth,” Everett said. “Ensuring their safety at school is equally important, and these grants help to do that.”
The grants were awarded as follows:
- Jersey Shore Area School District, Lycoming County -- $20,000 grant to establish and implement programs to prevent and reduce violent incidents.
- Muncy School District, Lycoming County -- $30,000 grant for school resource officer training and compensation.
- Milton Area School District, Northumberland County -- $24,960 grant to procure security and safety equipment; $20,000 grant to establish and implement programs to prevent and reduce violent incidents.
- Warrior Run School District, Northumberland County -- $39,645 grant for school police officer training and compensation.
Everett noted this grant program is separate from a new $60 million School Safety and Security Grant initiative created by the General Assembly earlier this year. The deadline for schools to apply for those grants, which are being administered by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, is Oct. 12.
Representative Garth D. Everett
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Patricia Hippler